|Level||Base Attack Bonus||Fort Save||Ref Save||Will Save||Special||Spells per Day|
|3rd||+2||+3||+3||+3||Deity’s weapon focus||6||5||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|5th||+3||+4||+4||+4||Energy resistance (1st type)||6||6||4||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|8th||+6/ +1||+6||+6||+6||Second judgment||6||6||6||5||3||—||—||—||—||—|
|10th||+7/ +2||+7||+7||+7||Energy resistance (2nd type), judgment 4/day||6||6||6||6||5||3||—||—||—||—|
|12th||+9/ +4||+8||+8||+8||Deity’s weapon specialization||6||6||6||6||6||5||3||—||—||—|
|13th||+9/ +4||+8||+8||+8||Judgment 5/day||6||6||6||6||6||6||4||—||—||—|
|15th||+11/ +6/ +1||+9||+9||+9||Energy resistance (3rd type)||6||6||6||6||6||6||6||4||—||—|
|16th||+12/ +7/ +2||+10||+10||+10||Judgment 6/day, third judgment||6||6||6||6||6||6||6||5||3||—|
|17th||+12/ +7/ +2||+10||+10||+10||Wings||6||6||6||6||6||6||6||6||4||—|
|18th||+13/ +8/ +3||+11||+11||+11||Slayer||6||6||6||6||6||6||6||6||5||3|
|19th||+14/ +9/ +4||+11||+11||+11||Judgment 7/day||6||6||6||6||6||6||6||6||6||4|
|20th||+15/ +10/ +5||+12||+12||+12||Damage reduction||6||6||6||6||6||6||6||6||6||6|
- Alignment: Any.
Divine magic is intuitive to a favored soul, not a matter of careful prayer.
This intuitive nature leads to a freer interpretation of faith and doctrine, and so favored
souls tend slightly toward chaos over law.
A favored soul is often of the same alignment as her deity, though some are one step away. For example, a favored soul could serve a lawful good deity and be neutral good herself. A favored soul may not be true neutral unless her deity is true neutral.
- Hit Die: d8.
- Class Skills
The favored soul’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Jump (Str), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Profession
(Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int). See Chapter 4 of the Player’s Handbook for skill descriptions.
- Skill Points at 1st Level: (2 + Int modifier) × 4.
- Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier.
- Class Features
All of the following are class features of the favored soul.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Favored souls are proficient with all simple weapons, with light and medium armor, and with shields (except tower shields). A favored soul is also proficient with her deity’s favored weapon. Although a favored soul is not proficient with heavy armor, wearing it does not interfere with her spellcasting.
- Spells: A favored soul casts divine spells (the same type of spells available to clerics), which are drawn from the cleric spell list. She can cast any spell she knows without preparing it ahead of time the way a cleric must. To cast a spell, a favored soul must have a Charisma score of 10 + the spell’s level (Cha 10 for 0-level spells, Cha 11 for 1st-level spells, and so forth). The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a favored soul’s spell is 10 + the spell’s level + the favored soul’s Wisdom modifier. Like other spellcasters, a favored soul can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. Her base daily spell allotment is given on Table above. In addition, she receives bonus spells for a high Charisma.
Unlike a cleric, a favored soul’s selection of spells is limited. A favored soul begins play knowing four 0-level spells and three 1st-level spells of your choice. At each new favored soul level, she gains one or more new spells, as indicated on Favored Soul Spells Known. (Unlike spells per day, her Charisma score does not affect the number of spells a favored soul knows; the numbers on fixed.)
Upon reaching 4th level, and at every even-numbered favored soul level after that (6th, 8th, and so on), a favored soul can choose to learn a new spell in place of one she already knows. In effect, the favored soul “loses” the old spell in exchange for the new one. The new spell’s level
must be the same as that of the spell being exchanged, and it must be at least two levels lower than the highest-level favored soul spell the favored soul can cast. A favored soul may swap only a single spell at any given level, and must choose whether or not to swap the spell at the same time that she gains new spells known for the level.
Unlike a cleric, a favored soul need not prepare her spells in advance. She can cast any spell she knows at any time, assuming she has not yet used up her spells per day for that spell level.
- Judgment (Su): Starting at 1st level, a favored soul can pronounce judgment upon her foes as a swift action. Starting when the judgment is made, the favored soul receives a bonus or special ability based on the type of judgment made.
At 1st level, a favored soul can use this ability once per day. At 4th level and every three levels thereafter, the favored soul can use this ability one additional time per day. Once activated, this ability lasts until the combat ends, at which point all of the bonuses immediately end. The favored soul must participate in the combat to gain these bonuses. If she is frightened, panicked, paralyzed, stunned, unconscious, or otherwise prevented from participating in the combat, the ability does not end, but the bonuses do not resume until she can participate in the combat again.
When the favored soul uses this ability, she must select one type of judgment to make. As a swift action, she can change this judgment to another type. If the favored soul is evil, she receives profane bonuses instead of sacred, as appropriate. Neutral favored souls must select profane or sacred bonuses. Once made, this choice cannot be changed.
a favored soul choose a Judgment from the Judgment list
- Domain: Like a cleric’s deity, a favored soul’s deity influences her alignment, what magic she can perform, and her values. Although not as tied to the tenets of the deity as a cleric, a favored soul must still hold such guidelines in high regard, despite that fact she can go against them if it serves the greater good of the faith. A favored soul can select one domain from among those belonging to her deity. She can select an alignment domain only if her alignment matches that domain.
A favored soul does not gain the bonus spells listed for each domain, nor does she gain bonus spell slots. The favored soul uses her level as her effective cleric level when determining the power and effect of her domain powers. If the favored soul has cleric levels, one of her two domain selections must be the same domain selected as a favored soul. Levels of cleric and favored soul stack for the purpose of determining domain powers, but not for bonus spells.
- Deity’s Weapon Focus: At 3rd level, a favored soul gains the Weapon Focus feat with her deity’s favored weapon. If the character already has that feat, she can choose a different one.
- Energy Resistance (Ex): At 5th level, a favored soul chooses an energy type and gains resistance 10 against that type. At 10th level and 15th level, the character gains resistance 10 against another energy type of her choosing.
- Second Judgment (Ex): At 8th level, whenever a favored soul uses her judgment ability, she selects two different judgments, instead of one. This only consumes one use of her judgment ability. As a swift action, she can change one of these judgments to another type.
- Deity’s Weapon Specialization: At 12th level, a favored soul gains the Weapon Specialization feat with her deity’s favored weapon. If she already has that feat, she can choose a different one.
- Third Judgment (Ex):At 16th level, whenever a favored soul uses her judgment ability, she selects three different judgments, instead of just two. This only consumes one use of her judgment ability. As a swift action, the favored soul can change one of these judgments to another type.
- Wings (Ex): At 17th level, a favored soul gains wings and can fly at a speed of 60 feet (good maneuverability). A good-aligned favored soul grows feathered wings, and an evil-aligned favored soul gains batlike wings. A favored soul who is neither good nor evil may choose either type of
- Slayer (Ex): At 17th level, a favored soul learns to focus her judgment. Whenever a favored soul uses her judgment ability, she must select one type of judgment. She is treated as if she were 5 levels higher for the purposes of determining the bonus granted by this judgment. Unlike other types of judgment, the one enhanced by this ability cannot be changed for the remainder of the judgment.
- Damage Reduction (Su): A 20th-level favored soul gains damage reduction. If the character is lawful-aligned, the damage reduction is 10/silver. If the character is chaotic-aligned, the damage reduction is 10/cold iron. A favored soul who is neither lawful nor chaotic may choose either type of damage reduction.